Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Alaska, How I Loathe Thee

Alright, so I'm going to start this off by admitting right from the start that this is kind of an irrational rant.  The long and the short of it is: I hate Alaska.  I do. I do. I do.   This has nothing to do with politics, trust me I hated Alaska way before Sarah Palin came onto the scene.  But neither she nor that girl on ANTM with that really nasally voice, who constantly reminds us that she's from Alaska, do anything to redeem the state in my eyes.  
I just can't think of anything good that came from Alaska.  It's cold-- all the time.  It's either dark all day or light all day, and speaking of which, 30 Days of Night was all sorts of stupehhhd.  Also, Into The Wild scared the shit out of me. There's permafrost, bears, and wilderness.   And Baked Alaska was totally invented in China, so don't even try to pull the dessert card on me.  
It's just a place that really should just be left alone, and for this girl, it's a NO-GO zone. 

Xoxo- K

No comments: